THE TATTOOS AGE
The age is actually ending and the word of God has a way of fulfilling; sometimes we fulfill the word of God and know it not. Tattoos are all over the world now; they come in different designs, colors, parts of the body and fascination. The young and old are attracted to them but the explosion came in the mid 90’s till now. Tattoos are artistic designs, some are permanent and others are temporary. They are supposed to convey messages of love, devotion, commitment, boundary maintenance, solidarity and much more. Tattoos have existed for so long, even before the days of Prophet Moses. God had an opinion about tattoos even at that time and he has not changed; “for he is the same yesterday, today and forever,” according to Hebrews 13:8. Tattoos caught the attention of God and no matter the reason, intent, impression but God had an opinion that is also final.
Tattoos to some people, brings joy and satisfaction. Some use it as an expression of power (such as indicating belonging to a gang, hierarchy in the gang, having killed someone etc) you may ask what joy and power is this? It is certainly demonic. To some it is an expression of love, they tattoo a name or message claiming love for another. Some tattoos identify certain cults or secret societies that people are affiliated. To some it is a sign of allegiance to a person or power of even to different gods and sadly some think they do it to please God.
Tattoos bring a lot of sadness that are not immediately known, because no one knows tomorrow; except he who created you and you need to find out his opinion about tattoos. Did you really pray about tattoos before getting them and what was his answer to you? Imagine these woes that plague people:
- There is pain to the process of marking or tattooing
- It costs money both to put it and to remove or change it.
- Some of the messages or meanings of them bring conflict and enmity and threats.
- Removal can scare or deform your body.
- Those in love may be out of love and the tattoos become a problem; who want to marry a person with the name of another person tattooed on them or be the beneficiary of a disfigured body trying to remove a tattoo no longer current.
- People get infected through dirty needles and end up with hepatitis or HIV.
- The most important woe is resisting the mind of God about it.
There is need to pray and get an answer from the Lord before designing a tattoo on yourself. Remember if you are a Christian indeed, you need to carry everything to God in prayer, including taking on a tattoo. Did you really pray about it and what was the definite answer?
Please do not be taken by the word Christian tattoo, it is falsehood. The scripture cannot be broken, the word of God is clear on this issue, just find out what the word said about this. I know there are many preachers today who have tattoos but they are not the word of God, and their actions cannot change the scriptures. Some tattoo artists have managed to leech unto churches claiming to design Christian tattoos which no prophets of old or apostles designed on themselves; or may be today we love God more than they did or we have better revelations of tattoos more than them. If to love the Lord included tattoos, Paul could have done it. Jesus could have put the heavenly tattoo to show how much he loved the Father but he did not do that. Love is to hear the word of God and keep it. Remember that Jehovah in the Old Testament is the Christ Jesus in the New Testament. Their words are the same because it is the one and same person. There are no three Gods. Hear O! Israel the Lord thy God is one. God can appear in different form and in different places at the same time (omnipresent), the devil cannot.
To obey is better than sacrifice according to the word of the Lord, by Samuel the Prophet. The Lord made his mind and will known about doing things to out body; in Leviticus 19:28 the bible reads, “ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any mark upon you: I am the Lord.” This is why it is important to talk to the Lord in prayer and get definite answer before putting any tattoo on your flesh.
The Lord discourages any markings on our flesh
- The word of God says do not cut in your flesh for the dead, no matter the person; if you do, it means that the tattoo on you for the dead is more important than the word of God, judge it.
- God bluntly says, DO NOT PRINT OT TATTOO ANY MARK UPON YOU. Is there any word here that you cannot understand or are you ignorant, or rebellious, which is as the sin of witchcraft and stubbornness which is as iniquity and idolatry.
- If you already believed in Jesus Christ and were deceived to put on tattoos you can repent of it and get rid of it.
- What you do not want to do is enable others to go or do contrary to the mind of God as clearly expressed in the bible. This will be stubbornness and rebellion, witchcraft, idolatry and iniquity.
Jehovah in the old is the same as Jesus in the new, testaments. His mind is the same. Any so called Christian tattoo that enables you to mark your flesh, even with the name of Jesus Christ is not correct, because God is not in the business of contradicting his work, God is not double minded.
The devil always tries to act before the time, but ends up messing people up. God has the original plan of writing upon the over comers. READ AND ASPIRE TO Revelations 3:12 which reads, “I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God; and I will write upon him my new name.” Jesus Christ himself will write (tattoo) upon you himself; so do no mess with the so called tattoo artists of today. Do not jump out before the time. Tattoo by man or that by Jesus himself. The choice and consequences are before you.
by Douglas Amobi