DON’T FORGET YOU ARE AN AMBASSADOR
This sermon is about living on earth as a stranger from another world. You are living here, in this world but you are not of this world; if you are a true believer in Christ Jesus. To be an Ambassador certain criteria have to be met. These include the following:
- Must represent a country.
- Must have a mandate.
- Must exercise ambassadorial authority.
- Must act on behalf of the subjects of the home country.
- Must remember they are answerable to their home country and
- Must return to home country; or/and can be recalled.
- Home country, is heaven for the true Christians; the bible says we are citizens of heaven (Philippians 3:20) and a city where the builder and maker is God (Hebrews 11:10 and 16). The head of this country is God, the person of Jesus Christ our Lord. He has a kingdom (Luke 23:42) and remember the whole preaching of the gospel, both by Jesus Christ and all the Apostles and prophets are all based upon the Kingdom of God. True believers belong to this kingdom by being born again and living by the words of Jesus Christ based on the bible. Two important facts worthy of note, and that must be considered now.
- You cannot join this kingdom, like many churches today do; by joining in their membership.
- You must be born again (St. John 3:1-21) and live by the word of God, to enter this kingdom.
- St. Matthew 28:19 mandates every true believer to “Go ye, therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and the Holy Ghost Spirit.” Remember that it says in the name of , not names of. The name is the Lord Jesus Christ. Father , Son and Spirit are common nouns. You need to baptize in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is both the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
- Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you, Matthew 28:20. There are lots to teach the world and true believers; that includes salvation, healing, deliverance, baptism, resurrection and translation, the great tribulation, millennium, the white throne judgment, the works of darkness, the precious promises of God and much more.
- Ambassadorial authority here includes, the use of all powers and privileges of the kingdom of heaven and these include:
- St. John 14:13-14 reads, “ask anything in my name and it will be done.”
- St. Mark 16:17-18 reads, “And these signs shall follow those who believe: In my name shall they cast out demons; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hand on the sick, and they shall recover.” This gives the true believer the authority in the name of Jesus Christ to do all that is promised to people who are in need.
- Proclaim the promises of God, especially St. John 14:2-3 which reads, “I go to prepare a place for you, and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself, that where I am, there ye may be also.” This is the hope of every true believer and this is what we proclaim.
- Must act on behalf of the home country’s citizens; and these include:
- St. John 15:12 reads, “This is my commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you.”
- “O! Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of knowledge falsely so called, which some, professing, have erred concerning the faith.” This is 1st Timothy 6:20-21.
- Emphasize the need for Godly living as expressed in Titus 3:1-11; “To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, showing all meekness unto all men: that they who have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works.”
- The true believer must always remember his country. We are ambassadors to earth. Earth is not our home and we must always remember that in Our Father’s house are many Mansions (St. John 14:2). There is enough room in the city or country that is considered a Mansion for all whose names are in the Book of life of the Lamb; and the Lamb is the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, Jesus Christ the Lord of glory.
- Jesus said, I am the resurrection and the life (St. John 11:25): so whether we live or die we are the Lord’s. Some people are called back to God through paradise to the Kingdom and will arise during the rapture or translation. Some others will not taste of death and will be changed during the translation to meet with both those in paradise and the Lord in the air. Read 1st. Thessalonians 4:13-18 and be blessed by studying 1st. Corinthians 15:51-58.
The country that we the true believers are looking forward to, already has real citizens, because the God of this nation is alive and is the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Adam, Enoch, Abel, Noah and all the faithful prophets, apostles and saints who are already in glory.
Ask yourself where will you be when the army of God in Hebrew 11:1-end congregate before the throne of grace, the rainbow throne, Revelations 4. Where will I be when that last trumpet sounds? When it sounds so loud as to raise up the dead. O! Lord where will I be, O! where will you be? A citizen of the Kingdom of God or of Satan and the Lake of fire; the choice is yours. Be an ambassador for the Kingdom of God.
by Douglas Amobi