Jesus is the word of God
Whenever you are reading the Bible, you are actually reading the word of God. For sure according to John 1: 1, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” In the beginning here, refers to the period before God created anything. The same was in the beginning with God. Your word (confession of your mouth) is you. And your word was in you when God made you.
In John 1:14, “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelleth among us.” So The Word which was God became flesh. The flesh was the person of Jesus Son of Mary. Though He was flesh, yet He told us the hidden secret in John 4:24, that, “God is a Spirit.” So we see that the Word is God, and God is a Spirit, and became flesh. The same Word that is God, is also Spirit; and the Spirit dwells in the believer. This is the Holy Ghost. You cannot partition or divide the Word, else you attempt to divide God or divide God the Spirit. Jesus is the Word, the Word is God and God is the Spirit: That became flesh and dwelleth among us. Settle this in your heart or else you will be deceived.
According to Heb.4:12, “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” This is a very revealing passage of the Holy Bible and needs our attention, full study and also understanding.
- The Word of God is quick (alive). The Word of God is not dead, archaic, old or ancient.
- The Word of God is powerful (active and dynamic), it is not inactive or powerless.
- The Word of God is sharper than any two-edged sword. It is able to cut or divide through anything; even the Word cuts people either into or out of the kingdom of God. It is even able to pierce even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit. That was why, when Jesus was on earth He spoke out what was in peoples’ heart or minds. By his word he cast out and spoke to demons and even the storms and they obeyed his word. He spoke to the big fish in the days of Jonah and it carried out the instructions of the word of God.
- The Word even divides the bone from the marrow. Imagine the functions and structure and connectivity of the bone and the marrow but the word of God can separate them, (man was fearfully and wonderfully made, Psalms 139:13-17) and do as He pleases. Psalms 107:20 states, “He sent his Word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.”
- The Word is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. The Word of God gets into the inner secrets of man’s mind, to discern even his motives and thoughts. That is why it is important to know, and be sure you watch your heart and thought: and one of the best ways is to allow the Word of God to search your every thought and intent or motive. Remember that the Word is God, and the Word became flesh and dwelleth among us. The entrance of thy Word giveth life. The Word when it goeth into the sinner’s heart, convicts one of sin, unto repentance. The Word pierces into the hearts of men. John 3: 16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth (in the spoken Word) in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” See what the Word can do, even in the spiritual. Obedience to the Word will result in eternal life for the repented sinner.
According to Col. 1:14-17, the Word, Jesus, “Who is the image of the invisible God, the first born of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.” “For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily,” (Col. 2:9). He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one (Jesus Christ the Word) that judgeth him: the Word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day,” (John 12:48). In 1stThess. 5:23, Paul wrote, “And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.”
Jesus Christ is the Word and without the Word there is no life. He is called Faithful and True: And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God, (Rev. 19:11-13). The faithful and true witness, (Rev.3:14). God is his own interpreter, and He said, God is a Spirit, God was the Word; and the Word was with God, became flesh and dwelleth among us. “I am he that liveth, and was dead; and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen: and have the keys of hell and of death,” (Rev.1:18). Jesus Christ is the Word, the Spirit and God.
132 – Jesus is the word of God