THE RESURRECTION: OUR CONFIDENCE
The resurrection is a source of confidence in the Christian faith. Every faith has a founder, a leader or a star. All these leaders or stars or founders are dead, but do you know that ONLY one Star, Leader or Founder is not in the grave and that is JESUS CHRIST. The rest of the religious starters are decayed in their graves or burnt to ashes waiting to stand before God because they were mere humans. They had a beginning and they had an end; because according to Hebrews 9:27, “And it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.”
Christianity is assigned to everyone that believes the Holy Bible. Some claim they believe the bible but do not obey and follow its words. Jesus Christ is the High Priest of our Christian faith. “Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith,” Hebrews 12:2.
Jesus Christ is not in the grave, like those that claim to be leaders of several religious groups; popes, Mohammed, Hindu, Baha’i, Buddha and a host of others. Their graves are still occupied with their remains waiting to stand before the White Throne of Revelation 20:11-15. The tomb of Jesus Christ is the only empty one on earth, because He is not there. His body did not see corruption and decay. All these so-called founders or leaders of the occult groups will stand before the White throne one of these days and those who foolishly followed them.
Our confidence in following Jesus Christ comes in three main ways:
He had a master design like no other. He is the creator of all things according to Colossians 1:13-20.
- He had the blue print for our salvation and healing right from Genesis 3:14-16 and before the foundation of the world, 1st Peter 1:18-21.
- He knew we were involved in warfare on earth with the devil, so for our confidence He gave us our weapons of warfare; as in 2nd Corinthians 10:3-5.
- He instructed us by His word of confidence and faithfulness. As in John 14:1-3, 1st Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 1st Corinthians 15:51-58.
Now listen to Apostle Paul in Corinthians 15, “ Moreover, brethren, I declared unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures: And that he was buried, and he rose again the third day according to the scriptures,—-But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.—For if the dead rise not, then is Christ not raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. But now is Christ raised from the dead and become the first fruits of them that slept. But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming.”
According to John 20:17, Jesus on his resurrection told Mary Magdalene, “Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God and your God.” This is resurrection power. No one has ever risen from the dead after three days in the grave, only Jesus the Christ. In John 2:19 Jesus said, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” That is resurrection power, that is God himself in form of man. In John 11: 25 Jesus said to Martha, “I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?”
Let us examine the testimony of the angel at the graveside in Matt. 28:5-7, “—Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said Come, see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.” According to Matt.28:10, Jesus met the women and said unto them, “Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.” This is resurrection power and the kind of God we can worship.
As a Christian, the confidence and confession of our faith lies in the evidence of the resurrection. The resurrection of Jesus Christ means that death is totally and summarily defeated once and for all:
- According to 1st Peter 1:18-20, “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with the corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish or spot: who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you.” Our confidence is in the fact that our redemption was by the precious blood of the anointed one Christ Jesus, not any kind of blood, only the blood of God; because nothing created could have the blood of God. This was foreordained before the foundation of the world. This is quality control and a blessed assurance, all from the foundation of the world. Also 1st Peter 2:24 it reads, “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree; that we being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose strips ye were healed.” As you can see the resurrection of Jesus Christ confirms the whipping post, the cross, the death and the resurrection itself. This is the confidence of the believer in Jesus Christ. If the leader of your faith or belief is dead and still in the grave then if you die looking up to the person you will definitely be lost, except you repent and come to the faith with the risen Lord. Jesus Christ is the Lord with evidence. Our sins and sicknesses are already paid for. Accept Him by believing in your heart and confessing with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord. Then you put on the Lord Jesus Christ according to Romans 13:14.
- Jesus Christ prepared us for war while we are in the flesh. This is one of the things that confirm our faith by His resurrection. Now according to 2nd Corinthians 10:3-5, “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pull down of strong holds: casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.” Also Ephesians 6:11-18 it states, “Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places——-.” Our Lord Jesus Christ really prepared every true believer for war, as over-comers using his name as final authority. This is the confidence of our faith and confirmation of His resurrection.
- Immortality is found in the resurrection. Remember John 11:25, “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection and the Life.”He died and rose again, that is power. Only Jesus Christ has that power and promised that even if you were dead, but believed in Him, you shall live. Read this in John 11:25-26, “I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?” The revelations given to Paul, apostle, testify to these verses of the scripture. For example, He wrote in 1st Thessalonians 4:13-18, “concerning them which are asleep,—-for if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him,—-for the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.” Also, 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 exposes us to the same prophetic reality about to happen and it states, “behold, I shew you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.” According to John 14:3, Jesus said, “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself: that where I am, there ye may be also.” This is the Resurrection and the Life speaking. Believest thou this?
This is our confidence. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the evidence and confirmation of our faith and belief in the indisputable and infallible Word of God. He said, destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up. Believest thou this? I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself, that where I am, there ye may be also. Believest thou this? When you celebrate the resurrection remember these provisions Jesus Christ made for us; our salvation and healing, the weapons of our warfare and the promise to change us in a moment into immortality. The resurrection is the power and confidence of our faith. Believest thou this?
Translation moment 36
THE RESURRECTION: OUR CONFIDENCE