THE GODHEAD MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE AT THIS END OF TIME
This sermon is about the true believer knowing about the Godhead and what part that plays in our daily life. It will help you know if the Godhead is a person or persons. Who do we expect to see in heaven and how does this matter. The Godhead is a serious issue in the expectation of Jesus Christ in these last days. You must know about the importance of the Godhead and the true identity of the Godhead.
WHAT MAKES YOU A BELIEVER
- The Word St. John 1:1, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God; and verse 12 reads, and the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory as of the only begotten of the Father), full of grace and truth. Revelation 19:13, And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood; and his name is called The Word of GOD. It is your responsibility as a Christian to know and be sure Who is the Word of God, and what are your assurances of the truth of the Word.
- Repentance and conversion Acts 2:38 reads, ” Repent, and be baptized, everyone of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord, our God shall call. Also Acts 3:19 reads, ” Repent, therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.” St. John 1:12 reads, “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the children of God, even to them that believe on his name; Who were born, not of blood, not of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.” Mark 16:16 reads, “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
- Water Baptism Repent and be baptized, Romans 6: 3-4 reads, “Know ye not that, as many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death. Colossians 2:12 reads, “Buried with him in baptism, in which also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.” For by one Spirit were we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Greeks, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit,” 1st Corinthians 12:13. ” For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ, Galatians 3:27. Read 1st Peter 3:21 and Acts 19:4-6.
- Holy Ghost Baptism The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a promise of God to all believers; Luke 11:13 reads, “If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?” The Lord gives the Holy Spirit to all who ask of him. The question now is are you of the Lord, have you asked him for the Holy Spirit, have you received him, how does he work in your life? On the day of Pentecost, God gave the Holy Spirit fulfilling his promise to the church, when he said tarry in Jerusalem, Acts 1:4-8. God gives the Holy Spirit and nobody can overrule it, God gives the Holy Spirit to both Jews(on the day of Pentecost) and to Gentiles in Acts 10:44 which reads, “while Peter yet spoke these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all them who heard the WORD.” And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance, Acts 2:4. “And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke with tongues, and prophesied, “ Acts 19:1-7. You can see that the Holy Spirit is important to everyone that considers them self a believer. Have you received the Holy Spirit since you believed.
- Philippians 2:1-11, talks about the fellowship of the Spirit, we must remember that God is a Spirit and they that worship him, must worship in spirit and in truth.
- Acts 2:42, “And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread and in prayers.”
- 1st Corinthians 1:9, “God is faithful, by whom we were called unto the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” Are you in fellowship with the Lord? When did he talk to you last? Does he talk?
- Philippians 3:10-14, “That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, and being made conformable unto his death, if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.”
- 1st John 1:3 reads, “That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us; an truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son, Jesus Christ.”
- 1st John 1:7 states, “But if we work in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanseth us from all sin.”
THE IMPORTANCE OF THE GODHEAD AND THE TRANSLATION
This is the separating point for those who say they believe the scriptures. If in heaven we hope to see three thrones as some teach and believe, one for the Father, one for the Son and one for the Holy Ghost; then for sure there are three persons in the God head. We all have an image in our head of the Father figure, we have the same for the Son who came to earth to die and save us, but the image of the Holy Ghost is not imaginable in bodily form; except as a dove or tongue of fire. So the image of the third person in the case of trinity is strange but he is a person. God is not a monster. If you are expecting to see three different persons, you are in for fiery purging by the great tribulation if you are around after the rapture. Have you ever imagined under what circumstances, you would call on the Father, and when can you call on the Son and also when it is important out of the three persons to call on the third one the Holy Ghost. It is amazing how people separate these three persons based on their needs and circumstances. If you believe this way you may be in danger. If one of them does not meet your request then you go to the other. This is gambling and does not make for trust and confidence.
Hear O! Israel the Lord thy God is one and there is no other God beside me. You cannot win a Jew to Jesus Christ by introducing him to three GODS or three different persons in the Godhead. God has three major manifestations in his dealing with humanity. God manifested himself in different ways, God is present everywhere and that does not make him multiple persons; God is a Spirit.
Jesus said, St. John 5:43, ” I came in my Father’s name Jesus Christ” , the name of God is therefore Jesus Christ. Compare these St. John 2:19, “Destroy this temple and in three days ‘I’ will raise it up.” And Ephesians 1:20, “which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead.” Hebrew 11:19, ” Accounting that God was able to raise him up.” Also read 1st Peter 1:17-21. God raised up Jesus Christ from the dead is the testimony of the apostles; BUT remember the testimony of Jesus Christ himself, DESTROY THIS TEMPLE AND IN THREE DAYS “I” WILL RAISE IT UP. He did not say my Father will raise me up BUT I will raise myself up. Revelation 1:18 reads, “I am he that liveth, and was dead, and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen and have the keys of hades and of death.”
Study this scripture with prayer, St Matthew 11:27, “All things are delivered unto me by my Father, and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, except the Son, and he to whomsoever the SON will reveal him.” Jesus is God in the flesh fulfilling all the requirements for the redemption of man from the fall of Adam. Read St. John 14:15-31, Jesus is the Holy Spirit. Jesus is the God the Father; ISAIAH 9:6 (the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father). Read Revelation 1:8.
by Douglas Amobi