THE CROOKED AND VIPER GENERATION IS HERE
John was baptizing people in the river Jordan, when the religious people of that day came around to the baptism (the Pharisees and the Sadducees); and John said, unto them, ” O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come” This was a prophet using such language, then it must be correct. Imagine what may be the reason for such hard words. He told them to bring forth fruits befitting repentance and not to lean on the assumption that they were the children of Abraham; for God was able to raise children unto Abraham from these stones.
Peter the apostle, filled with the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost said, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation” The people on the day of Pentecost heard the children of God in the upper room speaking in tongues and people around understood what they were saying; though they spoke in different languages. These people were pricked in their hearts and in Acts 2:37, they said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?” Peter asked them to Repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” Peter called that generation a crooked one.
Let us look back to the facts of history and see how people have acted towards God even without the advancement in technology and civilization.
- Genesis 6:1-7 Men multiplied on the face of the earth (today the population is over 8 billion)
- People of God took wives of all sorts, believer with unbelievers , without God’s consent
- God said MY Spirit shall not always strive with man
- There were giants in the land, today you have giants in knowledge of destruction, technology
- Wickedness of man was great, and every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was evil
- Fear destroys, he feared the people and did not cast all his cares upon the Lord, 1st Peter 5:7-9
In Genesis 19:1-29, there is a further dealing of God that was specific and not global like the flood days:
- Verse 5-7 reads, ” bring the men out unto us, that we may know them; I have two daughters who have not known man: let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as it is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing.”
- Verse 24, Then the Lord, rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven: this was judgment
From Peter’s day to this day we have seen and still to see more of the crooked and viper generation. This present generation has prophecies upon her. There are many ways to weigh this crooked generation and they include the following that are very visible to the sincere eyes and mind:
- They heap upon themselves teachers with itching ears. Look at some of the preachers of today, their preaching is always around the things that trap the masses and not things that set people free. You can preach all that you want but if does not center around Jesus Christ, the cross, repentance, hell, heaven, love, mercy and judgment you will be wasting your time. Most crooked teacher will not preach about the urgency of the TRANSLATION AND THE RISE OF THE ANTICHRIST
- These preachers, preach their listeners to sleep and sin; most of them dwell on prosperity and no poverty or poverty is sin. Listen clearly and think, no matter the amount of prosperity a man may have, if you do not center your attention, soul and spirit on the return of Christ and the consequences of missing the rapture, you cannot blame the preacher but yourself. This is the midnight hour wake up and trim your LAMP, because some will wake up to find that their oil has leaked out and lamp out because of the type of preachers you listen to. Poverty is no sin, remember the story of the rich man and Lazarus. Lazarus by the human mind was a poor beggar but only at his death was it known that God approved of him in the state he was at. He is now with Abraham before God and angels came to carry him home. People should be more concerned with their soul and where it ends, hell or heaven. Always know and go by the standard of the word of God, and if your preacher’s word does not match the bible drop the preacher and hold to the word. (Remember Paul’s comment about the Berian church).Crooked preaching is in the world today and Matthew 3:10 reads, “And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees; therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.” If you do not bring forth good fruit, you will be hewn down and cast into the fire.
- There are too many people today with itching ears, that want to hear deceit and falsehood; many today will not search the scripture to find out the truth. Remember everyone will answer for himself; no preacher will account for you in totality.
- Technology that was meant for good has turned out crooks at all level and have infected the world making it ripe for destruction:
- – Computer woes, identity theft, credit card nightmares, pornography, gambling, fake electronic preachers etc.
- – See the way the movies have messed up people’s minds about the signs of the end. Some of the movies are wrong representation of biblical facts, thereby poisoning innocent minds, turning them against God
- – Money is today an influencing factor. Preachers today are associated with money, wealth and prosperity. Compare that with the apostles. Most of these preachers only present half the gospel which is getting saved but cannot go to the next step that Our Lord manifested day after day, which is deliverance from the demons, healing the sick, restoring sight etc. They only dwell on money and prosperity tied to salvation to give it a holy or religious look
- – God have mercy on this world and Christendom in particular, for the kind of music we play and listen to in the name of gospel music. Some have been hijacked by hip hop/rap style music. But imagine comparing these gospel songs of today with anointed and inspired lyrics like, Amazing grace, It is well with my soul, Stand by me, Soon and every soon etc. Some of the music of today are of the occult and many are uninspired. Be careful what you hear and how you hear. Demons can get into a person through so called music
- – The devil has tried in so many ways to destroy the institution of marriage. This is everywhere, from the pulpit to the pew and down to the street. Many so called role models co-habit before marriage, holly wood has different distasteful versions of marriage that is messing up the youths of today. So many divorces, (Malachi 2:16). The worst part of marriage today is that nobody is sure of the definition of marriage, what a shame when the bible has a clear definition of marriage. What a pity churches have become confused or have compromised on the issues of marriage.
Judgment is definitely around the corner and hell has enlarged itself; and the crooked and viper generation is here, run for your dear life.
by Douglas Amobi