PERSECUTION WILL COME TO UNITE THE TRUE BRIDE OF CHRIST JESUS
Hate or dislike for Christians, likely arose from their refusal to worship other gods or take part in sacrifices, which were expected of those residing in particular localities. A case in point is Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon and the image in the days of Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in Daniel 3.
The message here will be about persecution after the death of Christ:
- After the death of Christ, the coming of the Holy Ghost upon the apostles and other believers; the church began to grow (Acts2:41-47). They even fellowshipped from house to house, breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart. They had all things in common, sold their possessions, goods and parted them to all men, as everyman had need. With miracles, signs and wonders following.
- Acts 4:1-4 started the persecution. They laid hands on them, and put them in hold unto the next day. In verse 5 the church was still increasing in converts. The Sadducees, the priests, the captain of the temple, who were the religious people and authorities of that day, apprehended the apostles.
- Interesting is Acts 5:14-20, in verse 18 the apostles were apprehended and put in common prison for the word and work of the Lord. The angel of the Lord by night set them free out of the prison.
- Remember James the brother of John was killed by Herod and it pleased the people, so he went after other apostles. Stephen was persecuted and brutally killed by the religious people of his day for the word of God, Acts 12:2.
- Paul was the champion for the persecution of the church, Acts: 1-3.
- Paul became a Christian and started to suffer persecution from place to place. He had no definite abiding place.
- Christians started to suffer persecution from the religious people of the day and from fellow countrymen and from false brethren.
Jesus in Matt.24:9 said, “Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.” This is persecution no doubt, and it is coming.
Hebrews 11:36-38, “And others had trials of cruel mocking and scourging, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: they were stoned and were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword—tormented.” This is persecution brethren and it is coming. Remember that Jesus Christ in you, through your believe and acceptance of him, by repentance and conversion is the reason for the persecution. This persecution will come from those who are religious and have heard about or hate Jesus Christ.
All the church ages suffered persecution. There is coming a great hour of temptation, and persecution is a big part of it; but he that over cometh these things, shall be greatly blessed. He who endures to the end shall be favored of the Lord. There have been many persecutions in history, remember the dark ages, remember the Roman Catholic church killed over 60 million Christians, the gladiators, the guillotines. Wicked torture of believers went on around the world. Who can forget the suffering of Christians during the communist era; in places like Russia, Romania and more? Today it is going on in Nigeria, India, Iraqi, Iran, Libya, Syria, Egypt, Sudan, Philippines, Central and South America, China, North Korea and much more.
United States of America is changing gradually but it will be different and speak as a dragon. It will follow the Bible pattern. The major religious, groups who are rising in power all over and are politically involved are the people to fear. They possess power and money but not the word. They will persecute the bride, true believers. These groups are merging underneath and mixing their theology. Very soon a new conduct of worship will appear and may be a new Bible that accommodates all. Right now there is a coming together and people are being sucked into it. Stand with the word of God, do not compromise. A shocker is coming, keep in prayer and your eyes open. Now let us read and study the following prayerfully:
- “Some people believe they have all the time in the world, but according to the Scriptures and what I have seen, it will come suddenly and as a snare—Remember this, just before the translation in the midst of a great spiritual stirring will come terrible persecution against those who preach the whole truth and those who have the faith.—The persecution will come from the lukewarm apostates who have been deceived, and love not the truth.— But this too is a sign to let the true believers know that the trumpet of God is about to sound for them, as they are caught up in rapturous joy.” Scroll 142, last paragraph.
- Scroll 163, paragraph 5 reads, “——, “In the future we will see great persecution of the believers. There will be an increasing division and strife among professors of religion until all become lukewarm; then even more apostasy will arise in the churches and like the light of a candle, the love of many shall die out.”
- Betrayal is coming. Remember Judas Iscariot, he was one of the chosen by the Lord. He partook in the ministry of our Lord Jesus Christ but did not continue. If he were of the Lord he would have continued. At the moment of betrayal, the Lord called Judas friend, saying wherefore art thou come? Matthew 26:48-50. Judas gave the religious people a token in Mark 14:44-45 saying, “ Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he; take him, and lead him away safely.” In Luke 22: 48 Jesus said to Judas, “betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss?” Jesus prophesied that children, parents will betray one another when the persecution arrives. The persecution is based on a person’s believe and commitment to Christ. Look at how many Christians have been beheaded or killed in very gruesome ways for the testimony of Jesus Christ in the middle east and Nigeria, to mention a few.
- Betrayal is one of the highest forms of persecution and it is coming.
- Finally I wish to make reference to these statements by bro. Neal Frisby and in the light of all those who have suffered persecution and endured to the end. Scroll #154, paragraph 9, “In some respects and ways the redeemed will excel angels; for the overcomer will be the very bride of Christ! A privilege which is not given to angels! There is no higher position for created beings than those in the Bride of Christ,” (Rev. 19:7-9). Strive to overcome and be in the Bride, no matter the persecution, depend on God’s grace and mercy. The next statement is in Scroll 200 paragraph 3, “ The Bible predicted in the last day a great falling away would occur just before the Translation. Some people are not actually falling away from church attendance, but from the real Word and Faith! Jesus told me, we are in the final days and to declare it with the utmost urgency.”
- Persecution will hasten Christians into prayer, faith, unity and love as to overcome. Brethren let us be of good cheer and comfort one another in Jesus Christ name, Amen.
Translation moment 10
PERSECUTION WILL COME TO UNITE THE TRUE BRIDE OF CHRIST JESUS